Tuesday, October 16, 2012

31 Day Challenge, Day 6: Violet Nails

I'm late! I know, I'm sorry! I have no excuses. But I chose to do a splatter mani of sorts. I included an attempt at a photo tutorial in the post. [Photo heavy post]

Paint your nails and set out a palette, your splatter color, and a small coffee stir straw.
 
Glob some of your desired splatter color on your palette.

 Stick one of the ends of the straw into the glob, be sure to get polish inside the tube.

 Hold above your nails about 4-6 inches and give a single blow through your straw. Continuing redipping the straw and blowing splatters onto your nails. I recommend Vaseline on your surrounding skin to make cleanup easier.

Closer image of the mess.
 
 After cleanup, before top coat.



 For a base color I used Rimmel London Wild Orchid, my accent nail and splatter were Nfu-Oh 51 and I topped it all off with Seche Vite. If you do a splatter manicure, I recommend cremes for the straw technique. The Nfu-Oh jelly wasn't very opaque, so the look I was going for wasn't quite accomplished, though I do love how they turned out! I hope my photo tutorial was helpful, when I get a better camera (Christmas?) it'll have a tripod and I can do videos instead. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment